9/9/10

Married Couples' Date Night

Rain did not dampen the attendance to the married couples Date Night. Pairs of husbands and wives came to the church center to dedicate a time to enjoy the company of other Christian couples with songs, games, dinner and even a dance.

The Date Night is designed for married couples committed to God and committed to keep their marriage for better or worse. Part of the night is the sharing of experiences and tips on how to strengthen the husband and wife relationship, like how to effectively communicate with each other.

Says Ellen, a first time attendee, “I attended the date night because I like the activities like this which I know will improve not just my relationship with Brian (her husband), but myself as well. Attorney Danny, also a first timer, enthusiastically shares “My marriage is far different - better different – now that we have God as the center of our relationship. And look at my kids now! They are attending a youth cell group!”

The first Date Night was introduced by missionary –couple Jake and Connie MacLeod from Maryland, USA who visited San Fernando this past summer.

Mayeth, a second-timer to the Date Night joined again because, according to her, “It was fun; and my husband enjoyed it too!”

Tim and his wife Bambi says that their union has a purpose: to fight against the work of the enemy in the lives of married couples. The Date Night is one pro-active approach to doing this.

According to the attendees of the Date Night, they will definitely come back and encourage other couples to join.

...by Dada